One of the UK’s leading providers of bespoke engineered materials is looking to speak to a Manufacturing Manager or Production Manager who would be interested in stepping up into a Value Stream Management position, based on-site at their facility near Accrington. The role is offering a competitive starting salary, bonus and benefits scheme, additional training and a clear progression path.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Value Stream Manager (VSM) will be responsible for improving value and efficiency while eliminating waste in the overall process for a defined product family. Whilst ensuring the Value Stream meets or exceeds customer requirements, you’ll also create and maintain a safe working environment, manage a skilled workforce and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, and enable delivery on Value Stream specific KPI’s and objectives
- Ensure your team are properly trained, resourced, supplied and managed to attain strategic objectives
- Develop and communicate main performance goals to employees through Performance Review process as well as daily management
- Execute lean tools and procedures within Value Stream environment to minimise process variation
- Execute Standard Work and develop SOP’s for associated processes
- Lead and develop continuous improvement plan for the Value stream
- Execute root cause analysis to solve issues in manufacturing
- Develop understanding of costing / budget management to maintain cost-effective production
- Unite supply chain activities to ensure materials & tooling availability in manufacturing to deliver customer satisfaction
- Ensure that QHSE standards are adhered to
- Lead management meetings as part of tiered management process
- Engage with supporting departments to facilitate development and implementation of new products & materials
To be considered for this position you’ll need to have a background in fast-paced manufacturing / production, with previous experience in a management role that demonstrates strong hands-on leadership and people management abilities. Your application should demonstrate a firm understanding of Lean manufacturing techniques, such as SMED, DoE, DMAIC and 5S, and working knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental regulations. Due to the nature of the Value Stream you will be managing, you’ll also need to have had previous exposure to working in a cleanroom environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing or Production Manager to advance their career as a Value Stream Manager with a growing company that has an impressive reputation in their field. If you’re interested in learning more, please use the Apply function to arrange an initial call to discuss the full job description and company details. Alternatively contact Jon Armstrong on 0161 641 0094 if you have any queries or are looking for roles in other engineering disciplines.