A leading manufacturer of precision machined parts based near Burnley is actively recruiting for an additional person to join their Supply Chain team, due to continued growth and a major project acceptance. The position is an experienced Production & Supply Chain Planner offering £40,000 - £45,000 p/a, with additional benefits included.
Reporting directly to the Director of Planning & Supply Chain, you’ll be accountable for collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment for the company’s short and long term objectives. The role responsibilities will include:
- Effectively plan, create and communicate production plan, lines of balance and supply schedule in line with customer demand and agreed targets, balancing demand with available capacity and supplies
- Work closely with cross-functional team and customers to establish optimal production and supply schedules/plans to support Operations in delivering customer demand at the most cost-effective way, including optimised inventory performance
- Own demand planning and order book management
- Work closely with Supply Chain Team to ensure production plans are supported by material supply and subcon processes
- Accountable for the Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) for the site, using simulation modelling in rough cut capacity planning (RCCP) to enhance the SIOP process
- A key contributor in the implementation of system based planning & scheduling capability. Own the setup of planning parameters in the system, including testing, pilot and final implementation
- Assist in the budget, financial planning, bidding and business case processes through the provision of forecasts, planning, and SIOP scenario analysis
- Responsible to regularly review inefficiencies and actively drive improvement activities to achieve positive changes
- Provide support for continuous improvements within the Planning & Supply Chain department and to support company growth
The Manager is keen to hear from experienced Planners with a strong manufacturing or production background, ideally in a regulated industry such as aerospace, defence, marine or nuclear. You’ll need to experience in a production and supply chain planning position that involved sales, inventory and operations planning (SIOP), including reviews and process improvement. You’ll also need to demonstrate a proven track record working with MRP /ERP systems, such as SAP or Epicor. An added bonus would be any experience relating to production simulation modelling.
If you’re interested in learning more, please use the Apply function to arrange an initial call to discuss the full job description and company details. Alternatively please contact Jon Armstrong at RPS if you have any queries or are looking for roles in other engineering disciplines.