Are you a Strategic Buyer with exposure to electronics manufacturing with a track record of delivering results with a value for money approach?
Interested in taking ownership of legacy product spend by managing and driving down total acquisition costs?
Are you able to develop supplier partnerships for quality, supply chain, risk management, and product & margin enhancement?
If so, this could be the career move for you……………………………….
The responsibilities of a Strategic Buyer are as follows:
- Take ownership of the strategic direction of the organisations supply chain
- Manage the strategic buying activity developing supplier partnerships
- To develop and implement competitive sourcing strategies for commodity spend
- To take the lead on internal process improvement to enable efficiency within the department
- Calculate, track and measure results to drive continuous improvement, recognising the true cost of both direct and indirect procurement using KPI’s
- Establish the commercial framework in which the suppliers will operate, ensuring cost competitiveness, cost avoidance, and value improvement are achieved.
- Take responsibility for and resolve any commercial issues arising within the supply chain.
- Develop and implement supplier and commodity strategies that drive sustainable improvements in overall supply chain performance.
- Maintain close relationships with internal functions including but not limited to procurement, operations, production, and design engineering
- Ensure all commercial terms are reviewed and updated on the ERP system
- Protect the commercial position of the company at all times
To fulfil these responsibilities of Strategic Buyer you will have the following skills/experience:
- Professional qualification in purchasing (CIPS / MCIPS) – degree qualified or equivalent
- Strategic Supply Chain/procurement experience within a manufacturing/engineering environment ideally in a high compliance industry
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Excellent supplier relationship and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and experience of ERP / MRP systems
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Be prepared to travel overseas when necessary
- Hold a clean driving licence as supplier visits will be essential
The successful Strategic Buyer will be offered the opportunity to join a world-class organisation occupying a challenging, autonomous role. You will make a big impact in a dynamic multi-billion-pound turnover corporation. You will join an organisation and be given the ability to shape best practices across an international supply chain enjoying a varied, exciting role that will challenge your supply chain and procurement capability.
If you are a strategic buyer who is looking for a new challenge, please send us a copy of your CV.