With the defence industry changing rapidly to deal with a host of new cyber threats, would you like to part of an organisation at the forefront of new defence technology development? Do you have a varied commercial and procurement background, with experience engaging with senior cross functional stakeholders? Does the growth and stability of the defence technology industry appeal to you?
If the above questions piqued your interest and you feel you have the relevant experience, please read on…
A multi-billion-pound technology company, with an extensive international defence operation, is looking for a senior commercial or procurement professional to join their procurement bids team. The procurement bids team works as the interface between the procurement function within the business, and the bids team. You will be working on a cross functional team, putting together highly strategic bids with values in excess £15 million.
A short overview of some of your responsibilities:
- Engage with our internal Category Management team detailing ownership & deliverables for bid management including, Market Intelligence, Category Advice and Procurement Best Practice in line with company policy’s.
- Support the Bid Team & represent Procurement with attendance in internal and external meetings where required
- Leverage bid specific deals (pricing & terms) across the wider EMEIA business
- Define and work with commercial, legal and the technical teams to define and agree relevant Flow Downs / Ups and SOWs for Category to negotiate with relevant 3rd party’s ensuring all terms are sufficiently “backed off” to the 3rd party suppliers
To go alongside a generous salary, the successful candidate will receive a host of other bonusses including flexible working, an exciting bonus scheme and the opportunity to progress within an internationally esteemed organisation.
The only essential requirements for this role are experience operating in a senior procurement/commercial position and the ability to go for DV clearance, however any of the following would also be advantageous:
- A good understanding of IT (IT hardware , servers, thin clients, networks, etc.)
- Experience working on DV clearance projects and the an understanding of the challenges working at this level brings
- Experience working on bids or other customer facing projects.