RPS are proud to Partner with Marshall’s Advanced Composites division. They tailor composite solutions to meet the requirements of both civil and military customers. From composite design, prototyping, manufacture and in-service support to test and certification, they support their customers with a broad range of engineering solutions, including new build, upgrades, or major modification.
“Marshall is an independent, family-owned UK company with a diverse portfolio of businesses and a shared commitment to keeping our customers moving forward.
Whether that’s supporting global armed forces to deliver mission-critical activities, keeping the UK distribution industry on the road, creating new sustainable communities where people can live and thrive, or developing the next generations of industry talent – we are incredibly proud to have been building extraordinary futures since 1909. Headquartered in Cambridge (UK), we currently employ around 2,000 people across locations in the UK, Northern Europe, North America and the UAE.”
Senior Design Engineer
The purpose of the Design Engineer is to use technical expertise, theoretical understanding and experience to design innovative and functional products and systems which meet customer specification, while achieving the business requirements in terms of cost, timescales and manufacturability.
Details of the role:
- Using design experience and knowledge to ensure customer expectations are satisfied
- Taking a pragmatic approach to problem solving, which may involve developing new concepts or techniques, also to be involved in problem-solving activities in other disciplines
- To use expertise and experience in design of new projects and improvement of existing designs
- To design composite products for a variety of markets using Catia V5 with CPD and CPM capability
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relating to engineering design
- To identify opportunities for improvement and see through to conclusion
- Perform root cause analyses and support the implementation of corrective actions
- Demonstrable knowledge of laminate theory and tooling design accompanied with a broad knowledge of materials and processes
- Experienced in designing for manufacturing environment
- Experienced in composite design, ideally relating to composite structures
- Experienced check signatory
- Ideally experienced in model-based definition
Joining the business as a Senior Design Engineer, you’ll be given the opportunity to have a major impact on the development of next-generation products for the defence industry. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, the North Yorkshire location offers an enviable quality of life: there are good schools for your children, easy access to spectacular scenery, countryside, and coastline; whilst the amenities and attractions of the beautiful city of York are just a short drive away. If you are keen to advance your career in an advanced engineering environment this could be a very worthwhile career move!
If you’re interested in learning more, please use the Apply function and we can arrange an initial call to discuss the full job description and company details. Alternatively contact Jon Armstrong on 0161 641 0094 if you have any queries or are looking for roles in other engineering disciplines.