Looking for a Procurement opportunity within a high-tech, multi-billion pound organisation? Would setting up a brand new supply chain to support one of the UK's largest defence contracts be of interest? If so, this may be the opportunity for you....
The responsibilities of the Senior Buyer position are as follows:
- Managing supplier relationships and supplier performance against project, operational and contractual requirements
- Identify and manage risks associated with subcontracts across second tier suppliers.
- Preparing tender packs, evaluating tender proposals, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiating proposals, contract modifications and agreements as required
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, supported by the Procurement Manager with suppliers whilst applying sound commercial judgement and ensuring compliance
- Supporting bid teams to source, manage and secure sub-contracts that meet customer needs
- Drive improved profitability and bid cost reduction through re-use, best practice processes and knowledge sharing.
- Manage and control all subcontract documentation, data, files and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Supporting internal Phase Reviews/Approvals ensuring that all required approvals are obtained prior to executing a subcontract
The experience required for the Senior Buyer is as follows:
- background in managing a supply base and managing supplier performance through the various stages of the Project lifecycle.
- of working with other Operational function such as Materials Management, Planning and Logistics.
- Experiences in using MRP systems for Purchase Order Management.
- Experience working on complex development engineering programmes in an Aerospace Engineering organisation.
- Familiar with managing suppliers to the standards of AS9100D and/or ISO 9001:2015, managing the flow down of quality conditions and the employment of SQA resource.
- Experience with project management principles and working as part of a cross functional project team
- Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognise risk elements in business transactions and develop strategies for mitigating risk
The succesful Senior Buyer will be offered the opportunity to work with one of the UK's largest defence contractors. You will support a new, pioneeering technology project that will ensure the UK armed forces are kept at the forefront of global defence technology. You will work in a picturesque location, setting up a whole new supply chain to support the project, Therefore if you are a Senior Buyer and you would like to hear more please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org