A supplier of precision parts to the aerospace sector is looking to recruit a Quality Inspector to join their team near Gloucester on a permanent full-time basis. This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the engineering team and play a major part in the development and delivery of multiple future projects. The position will offer a salary in the region of £30,000 - £35,000 p/a with additional benefits.
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager and working closely with the manufacturing team, your responsibilities will include:
- Inspection of components using both General Inspection Equipment and CMMs
- Ensure inspection strategies are efficient and within planned time, with relevant procedures adhered to at all times
- Conducting In-production and Final Inspection of manufactured part as required
- Control and communication of internal and external rejects
- Actively review rejects to establish preventative measures and corrective actions
- Support continuous improvement plans, especially on manufacturing/assembly processes
- Participate in Internal & External audits where applicable
To be considered for this position you’ll need to demonstrate previous experience in a Quality Inspection or Engineering position, ideally working within a safety critical environment such as aerospace or automotive. You’ll be confident with the inspection of components against drawing and CAD data using manual inspection equipment such as micrometers, verniers and calipers. Ideally you will also have some experience operating CMM, and your profile will be of particular interest if you have any knowledge of on-line or off-line programming. You’ll also need to demonstrate a strong problem-solving background, with the written and verbal communication skills required to contribute to improvement plans and corrective actions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Inspector to advance their career with a growing company that has an impressive reputation in their field. If you’re interested in learning more, please use the Apply function and we can arrange an initial call to discuss the full job description and company details. Alternatively contact Jon Armstrong at RPS Recruitment if you have any queries or are looking for roles in other engineering disciplines.