Are you a highly successful aerospace Quality Engineer who is looking for an exciting challenge? Would you be interested in being involved in one of the UK's largest aerospace engineering projects in recent history? Would you like to work with global Prime OEMs in developing next-generation aerospace technology that is truly pushing the boundaries of engineering science? If so, this is the right career move for you...
Due to winning one of the UK's largest projects in recent times, the organisation is looking for a Quality Engineer that has a demonstrable background of success in a high-tech environment.
Working out of the brand-new facility, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
- Operating under the governance of operations Quality Manager
- Interface with Prime OEM Customer throughout product development and manufacturing
- Day to day problem solving/continuous improvement
- Working with the operators and production engineering department conducting thorough root cause analysis and manufacturing issues
- Driving down non-conformances and eliminating concessions and deviations
- Auditing to AS9100 and supporting FAIR’s to AS9102 where required
- Utilise MSA, Gauge R&R techniques to ensure product conformance
- Use six-sigma, SPC, FMEA, process control methods to drive continuous improvement
To fulfill these responsibilities of the Quality Engineer you must have the following skills / experience:
- Degree qualified, HND, HNC or apprentice trained
- Six Sigma Green Belt Trained/Qualified
- Understanding of AS9100/AS9102
- Understanding of Quality Tools, such as 8D/PIR, fishbone, 5Y etc.
- In depth knowledge of Six Sigma Techniques, PPAP, FMEA, MSA and SPC
- Understanding of measurement systems analysis gauge R&R
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Excellent IT skills
The successful Quality Engineer will be offered the opportunity to work for a well-established organisation that has won a magnificent , 12-15 year, multi-million pound project with a brand new Customer. You will be developing truly groundbreaking aerospace technology in a brand-new facility. Therefore, if you are a Quality Engineer who is looking for a truly exciting project this could be the career move for you. To find out more please send a copy of your CV.