Are you a Quality Assurance Engineer interested in supporting the growth of one of the UK’s leading Defense firms? Could you be the right person to join a well-established team as a Quality Assurance Engineer? Would working in new modern facilities with leading technology be of interest? If so, this may be the opportunity for you …
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working with the cross functional delivery team personnel, helping to achieve delivery milestones and ensuring a fit for purpose / quality product to the customer.
- Risk manage project activities, ensuring mitigation in the critical aspects of production and in the final product.
- Evaluate customer requirements against our product quality capabilities, and help translate into a suitable design / contract, and also appropriate inspection and test plan.
- Ensure supplier quality assessments, are up to date and fair evaluation of the organisations in our supply chain.
- Inspect goods inwards, checking the actual items for their critical dimensions / characteristics, and ensuring documentation is correct.
- Carry out quality audits during the project lifecycle, ensuring process procedures are being followed and the product is being realised in the appropriate manner.
To fulfil these requirements, the Quality Assurance Engineer must have the following education & experience:
- Have a quality background in a related industry and be familiar with the qualities levels and disciplines required.
- Experience of implementing quality improvements and encouraging culture change within an organisation.
- Experience of auditing quality ISO9001 management systems.
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills and understanding of MS Office applications
- Will have an excellent working knowledge of quality tools and problem solving techniques, and be able to provide guidance to others in the use of them (e.g. Pareto, FMEA, 5 why’s, 8D, etc.)
- Self-motivated, and can work within a group or individually
To find out more, please apply with an updated copy of your CV.