Are you a Project Manager with a background in Global Automotive Manufacturing? Are you seeking your next long term contract opportunity or temp to perm opportunity? If so, please see the requirements for the role below:
The responsibilities of the Project Manager role are as follows:
- Assemble a core program team and complete the program planning process to ensure development of a complete program plan and work breakdown structure, including the financial pro forma baseline.
- Meet all design, quality, production, financial, and milestone timing needs of the program.
- Develop and maintain project-timing charts and maintain the project schedule as agreed between the internal/external customers.
- Plan, lead & conduct timely team meetings and program status reviews based on the defined Program Management process – which includes direct leadership of the functional disciplines such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Operations, Sales, and Finance.
- Support transitioning the organization to the Stage-Gate (APQP) process used globally in other company facilities for developing and launching new products.
- Communicate or present project status as needed through reports and program management reviews at all levels.
- Identify and resolve project issues, using systemic root cause analysis and provide a robust process for change management.
- Liaison with internal/external customers regarding program issues, including participation in their meetings.
The skills required to fulfil the role of Project Manager are as follows:
- Strong Automotive Background
- Global Exposure Experience
- Strong Matrix Management experience
- Mechatronics or Controls Experience an advantage.
- Excellent APQP and program management techniques knowledge.
- A solid understanding of financial analysis concepts and budget management.
- Strong office 365 environment and presentation skills.
- Experience of managing challenging negotiations and achieving the desired outcome.
- Ability to successfully function in a matrix style of management, managing a variety of cross functional team members.
- Able to operate successfully at management level.
The successful Project Manager will be offered the opportunity to develop the next generation of automotive engineering technology. You will be working within a dynamic, forward-thinking team who are constantly striving for engineering and manufacturing excellence in a highly scientific environment. The business is highly focused on the development of personnel. If you are a Project Manager that is looking for an interesting challenge in the Automotive engineering field, please get in touch…