We are looking for a dynamic, results oriented Project Manager to join a highly specialised R&D organisation that are looking to further strengthen their Project Management function. They are a well-established organisation who have world class software, electronics, industrialisation and mechanical engineers as part of their overall engineering team. This role will suit a Project Manager who is commercially savvy and enjoys managing complex engineering development projects through attributed gateways on time and to a budget.
The Project Manager reports into the Head of Projects and will have the opportunity to progress into a more senior role as the company expand.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team your main responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of gated NPI and project delivery milestones
- Assign clear accountability to department leads and managers
- Commercially educate and motivate key internal stakeholders to deliver against set milestones.
- Report project progress to management
- Manage manufacturing progress overseas (China)
As Project Manager you’ll have:
- Demonstrable experience of bringing complex engineering projects to a conclusion, on time and to budget.
- APM / PMP / PRINCE2 qualification or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a product environment
- Experience of overseas manufacturing (offshoring, particularly China would be of interest)
- Proven ability to effectively manage matrix-based teams across all functional areas within an engineering environment.
This organisation heavily invests in their staffs training and development. This can be seen in the very low attrition rate of staff and the upwards career paths of many employees.
If you want to work for a specialised R&D business who have secure, long term backing, varied work and are at the cutting edge of technology please apply now as interviews will be occurring on an ongoing basis from mid-July. Feel free to contact Andrew Crook at RPS Recruitment for more information.