Are you a Project Engineer with a background in Automotive Manufacturing? Are you seeking your next contract opportunity? If so, please see the requirements for the role below:
The responsibilities of the Project Engineer role are as follows:
- To work with / support the PM, identify issues, find solutions that meet the program requirements.
- Project manage some smaller programs.
- Liaise daily with the prototyping resources, assist in planning, identifying roadblocks and driving through requirements.
- Communicate project milestones to all stakeholders and reporting where relevant.
The skills required to fulfil the role of Project Engineer are as follows:
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Preferably from a fast paced automotive (or similar) environment.
- Excellent multitasking skills, ability to manage several concurrent work streams.
- Confident and ability to communicate at senior levels, and hold firm to achievable goals (not afraid to say no – with justifications). But also to hold a flexible approach as-and-when required, “re-organizing priorities when required.”
- Ability to ask the “awkward questions” and not “just accept”.
- Cover for the PM when out of office.
- Individual thinker / quick thinker.
- Engineering / Design Engineering background.
- Can work under own initiative, drive through issues and problems – Quickly get to the root of a problem and drive through a resolution. A strong organizational personality.
- Eager and enthusiastic with methodical planning.
- Strong Character.
- Previous experience as a Project Engineer.
The successful Project Engineer will be offered the opportunity to develop the next generation of automotive engineering technology. You will be working within a dynamic, forward-thinking team who are constantly striving for engineering and manufacturing excellence in a highly scientific environment. The business is highly focused on the development of personnel. If you are a Project Engineer that is looking for an interesting challenge in the Automotive engineering field, please get in touch…