Are you a Programme Manager within the aerospace or defence sector? Do you have in-depth knowledge and proven ability to manage complexity and work effectively within a matrix organisation structure? Do you have the character to engage with global Prime OEMs, handling multi-million-pound, complex projects and managing internal resource to ensure successful on-time delivery? Would you like to develop your career whilst managing one of the UK’s largest aerospace projects of all time? If so, this could be the role for you……………………
The responsibilities of the Programme Manager will be as follows;
- Lead multiple, high-complexity projects through a gated process throughout the programme life cycle.
- Safeguard successful implementation of the business case, industrial footprint, technology insertion, supply chain management and engineering/manufacture to rate-capable right first-time maturity.
- Building an extremely trusted relationship with all the right stakeholders with a thorough understanding of the program requirements and ways of working.
- Improving and applying processes to run programmes of work in a robust manner
- Closely interface and mutually leverage existing operations & relationships to ensure today’s opportunities/tasks support the current and future business.
- Ensure Programmes of work are delivered within budget and maintain a constant drive for cost optimisation across the programme whilst satisfying the needs of the customer and contractual commitments.
To fulfil the responsibilities of Programme Manager you must have the following skills and Attributes;
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- APMP, Prince2 or alternative training
- Demonstrable background in designing and implementing robust gateway review processes to ensure well-structured project delivery
- Experience of delivering complex programmes of work/projects into the Aerospace industry
- Familiar with aerospace manufacturing, bills of materials, work instructions, build cycle times and tool families supporting manufacturing product build is very desirable.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
The successful Programme Manager will be offered the opportunity to work with highly specialised machinery, manufacturing some of the most precisely engineered, high-tech components in the aerospace and defence industry whilst progressing you career in a Senior Management role.
You will be given the opportunity to progress your career working for a company that reward success and invest in people.
If this sounds like the right role for you, get in touch today to discuss in more detail.