Production Support Engineer (Contract)
Are you a Production Engineer with a proven background in helping to remove bottle necks, optimise output and achieve revenue targets?
Are you experienced in troubleshooting and resolving issues in a timely manner and driving lean activity?
Do you have experience of performing this continuous improvement activity within a UK and overseas supply chain? If so, this may be the opportunity for you.
The responsibilities of the Production Support Engineer are as follows;
- To support the manufacture of goods at the manufacturing site whenever possible.
- To work within R&D, NPI & NPD departments identifying any bottlenecks in production.
- Ensure quick resolutions to any potential bottlenecks
- work closely with the sales department, looking at project pipeline & ensuring proactive mitigation of any risks
- To maximise revenue through production and achieving OTIF targets
To fulfil the requirements of the Production Support Engineer, you will need the following skill/experience;
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Have a strong manufacturing / production background involved in electro-mechanical assembly
- Have a proven ability to swiftly remove bottle necks in complex assembly and achieve desired OTIF targets
- Have good knowledge and understanding of Lean Continuous Improvement
- Have an awareness of new manufacturing methods and innovations
- Good understanding of methods to reduce costs
- Have good problem-solving skills with the ability to work to tight deadline on your own initiative
- Be able to communicate internally and externally at all levels to address manufacturing issues
The successful Production Support Engineer will have the opportunity to work for a Global Defence Organisation producing next generation equipment.
If this sound like the role for you, get in touch today or send a copy of your updated CV for review.