Are you a Production Planner within the aerospace or defence sector? Do you have experience planning an entire production process? Do you have the character to engage with global and domestic customers and managing internal resources to ensure successful on-time product delivery? Would you like to develop your career whilst being an integral part of one of the UK’s largest aerospace suppliers of all time? If so, this could be the role for you……………………
The responsibilities of the Production Planner will be as follows;
- Customer liaison on a daily basis (international plus domestic)
- Release of shipments to the customer on a daily basis, plus the facilitation of that release via designated courier services
- Launch of internal product on a daily basis based on customer schedules even outside of normal working hours
- Creating internal status / updates reports of parts / expediting and chasing those parts within operations
- To oversee / conduct all inventory processes
- To assist with management of Sub Contractor processing and raise the appropriate documentation
- Amend / update planning / production documentation as and when required in an expeditious and timely manner
To fulfil the responsibilities of a Production Planner you must have the following skills and Attributes;
- To be an excellent communicator at all levels within the business both internal and externally
- To be able to self-manage, problem solve, priority set and bring issues to a close
- To lead by example and demonstrate an enthusiastic personality
- To demonstrate a high degree of accuracy within your day to day functions
- To have good working experience of ERP, MRP management systems along with strong IT skills
- To have a mindset that embraces a forward thinking, KPI driven organisation that thrives on achieving its results within a very challenging environment
- To be able to demonstrate adaptability and a track record for continuous improvements in fast paced organisations
The successful Production Planner will be offered the opportunity to work with a precision machining company, manufacturing some of the most precisely engineered, high-tech components in the aerospace and defence industry whilst progressing you career in an operational role.
You will be given the opportunity to progress your career working for a company that reward success and invest in people.
If this sounds like the right role for you, get in touch today to discuss in more detail.