Are you a highly successful Manufacturing / Production Planner who is looking for an exciting challenge? Would you be interested in being involved in one of the UK's largest aerospace engineering projects in recent history? Would you like to work with global Prime OEMs in developing next-generation aerospace technology that is truly pushing the boundaries of engineering science? If so, this is the right career move for you...
Due to winning one of the UK's largest projects in recent times, the organisation is looking for a Production Planner that has a demonstrable background of success in a high-tech environment.
Working out of the brand-new facility, the Planner will be responsible for:
- Setup MRP.
- Work closely with Value Stream/Operations Managers, Customers & Supply Chain Operations Team on daily basis to establish & maintain optimal production & supply schedules & plans to support Operations Team in delivering Customer’s demand on time in full at the most cost effective way, including optimised inventory performance for given product families.
- Receive order, and order amendments and upload into Contract Review and upload order onto ERP after contract review has been completed. Order book management.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Operations Team to ensure production plans are supported by associated raw material supplies and subcon processes, providing the data for them to execute their jobs effectively. Ensuring supplier delivery plan is aligned to production plans.
- Work closely with Operations Team to maintain inputs to SIOP models, concerning incoming volume and capacity. Proactively review production capacity plan and highlight any issues.
- Plan load levelling and bottleneck scheduling and utilize theory of constraints (TOC).
- Analyse, revise and drive for solution on any plan & schedule conflicts or constraints. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure plan adherence.
- Assist in the budget, financial planning and business case processes through the provision of forecasts, planning, and SIOP scenario analysis.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain the accuracy of the planning parameters and master data ensuring all parameters are in line with demand and targeted inventory level.
- Analyses and reports on actual vs plan, trends and forecasts. Timely and accurately produce routine reports and metrics on planning related KPI’s and drive performance improvements.
- Provide support for continuous improvements of the manufacturing/planning & supply chain processes.
To fulfil these responsibilities of the Planner you must have the following skills / experience:
- Must have excellence working knowledge of MRP & ERP systems - Super-user.
- Must have a proven track record and experience in setting up MRP system, process, governance and control.
- Must have a proven track record and experience in production & supply chain planning & scheduling in a manufacturing environment where customer requirements can change regularly
- Must have a proven track record and experience in end-to-end collaborative planning forecasting and replenishment.
The successful Production Planner will progress their career within an organisation that has demonstrated its commitment to staff development over the last 60 years and has won several awards due the success of this investment. Therefore, if you are a Quality Inspector who is passionate about driving engineering best practice, please send us a copy of your CV.