Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer who enjoys working with novel technology and creating new intellectual property? Do you like working from conceptual phases through to initial manufacture? Do you have significant experience of plastic injection moulding design? If so… this could be a great opportunity to join a high growth business who are breaking technical boundaries and integrating their products into some of the world leading Automotive and Industrial brands.
The salary is dependent on experience, The role will be hybrid working (3 days on / 2 days off) or fully in the office should you prefer! As the business are going through a large period of growth there are plenty of opportunities for professional growth and receiving shares in the business.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Meeting the duties of Technical Lead/Design Authority on assigned projects.
- Being accountable for all aspects of mechanical product design, from concept through to manufacturing support
- Working with small, multi-disciplined teams and selected 3rd party design agencies, to deliver defined work packages
- Managing and prioritising personal workloads, to deliver on time, to budget and to specification
- Being responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation including mechanical drawings, BOMs and design specifications
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will likely have the below qualifications and/or experience:
- Professional qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Highly skilled in 3D CAD, ideally Solid Works but other packages considered
- Familiarity with electronic packaging
- Proven ability to design injection moulded components and the selection of appropriate materials
- Ability to analyse designs using FEA tools would be beneficial
- Knowledge of test rigs would be desirable
If you’d like to know more about this opportunity, please apply today and we will be in touch within one working day to discuss your application and provide more information on this great business! We look forward to speaking with you soon.