Are you an experienced Materials Planner / Buyer looking to join a rapidly growing business that offers genuine opportunities to progress in your career? If so, this could be the position for you.
The company are looking for someone to ensure that the supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity. Someone able to deliver efficient, effective, and flexible solutions to meet production requirements.
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels.
- Arrange logistics for any goods ordered.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of use.
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries.
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Utilise any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organisation
If this sounds like the position for you and you are an experienced Materials Planner / Buyer, please feel free to get in touch and we can discuss further.