Genie Industries/Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms. We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity. This position is located in Redmond, WA.
Genie sets the standard by which other lifts are judged. Simply put, we build a better lift. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms. The right time is now to come join us as we grow and expand to meet our customers' needs.
- Participates in the installation and sequencing of machines, work stations, tools, parts and supplies to optimize the efficiency of the production process.
- Assists Engineers in preparing engineering process documentation.
- Studies manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, assembly processes, and industrial engineering. Studies utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and team members to suggest layouts that enhance productivity.
- Gathers and analyzes process information including cycle times, measurements, test results, trends, etc., used for statistical process control, cost analysis, and planning.
- Researches and analyzes design proposals for ability to manufacture on a basis that minimizes waste and cost. Suggests design modifications to facilitate production.
- Applies statistical measures to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Researches and recommends parts, supply, and maintenance tasks, safety procedures, and servicing schedules that conform to production needs.
- Assists Design and Project Engineers, customers, and manufacturing team members to resolve engineering-related production problems.
- Participates in cross-functional meetings to evaluate staffing mix and levels necessary for safe and efficient manufacturing.
- Participates with Design Engineers to discuss and evaluate new product design or re-design and manufacture.
- Conducts periodic inspections of various aspects of the manufacturing process such as, but not limited to assembly, welding, and machine operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BS in Mechanical, Engineering Technology, Electrical, Industrial, Civil or Aeronautical) that is ABET accredited.
- Four years relevant work experience
- Specialized professional knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks or equivalent programs.
- Sufficient human relations skill to convey technical engineering concepts to others; and technical employees; and to work cooperatively with internal and external customers.
- Technical writing skills sufficient to prepare product specifications, test, and process documentation.
- Advanced mathematics skills.
- Hands on experience CNC equipment such as Lathes and Mills preferred (Programming, Optimizing, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Ability to perform all the responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics, blueprints. Ability to use AutoCAD or equivalent engineering software.
- Requires the ability to conduct mathematical exercises using physics, algebra, analytic geometry, and statistical analysis. Requires the ability to convert designs into production action plans.
- Ability to learn and perform within the principles of Lean Manufacturing, Just-in-Time, and Total Quality Management.
- Ambulatory ability to walk and stand on a continuous basis; to bend, stoop, and kneel on an intermittent basis; to lift medium weight objects up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Sufficient hand-arm-eye coordination to operate a computer keyboard and pointing device.
- Visual acuity to see moving objects, read words, letters and drawings.
- Sufficient auditory ability to carry on conversations over the phone and in person, and project voice in a noisy manufacturing environment.
Location: US-WA Redmond-B6 HR
Job ID: 28224
Terex Corporation is a $3.1 billion publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. We are passionate about producing equipment that helps improve the lives of people around the world, and providing our team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. While our operations are global, each office or factory is a close-knit community. We value diversity, equity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage, citizenship, and continuous improvement. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector – come join us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.