Are you a Hardware Engineer interested in supporting the growth of an industry supported start-up, developing a rewarding, and fulfilling professional career? Could you be the right person to help shape the next big innovation, serving a range of growth markets including hybrid vehicles? Would working for a company that drives for creativity and being part of a cutting-edge research team interest you?
As a Hardware Engineer you will have a hands-on role, developing new and enhanced digital products and modules including concept and circuit design as well as physical implementation and functional validation. You will work closely with the software team to integrate both off the shelf hardware and in-house custom logic from architectural specification.
As a Hardware Engineer, you will provide input, guidance, and know-how, on the best practices for developing embedded systems covering aspects of development which include:
- Simulation, including appropriate aspects of abstraction.
- Co-simulation and performance profiling.
- Synthesis and timing closure (both on FPGA and ASIC).
- Integration and verification of both in-house and third-party IP, including on-silicon verification and debug strategies (e.g. JTAG etc).
- Formal verification techniques.
- Emulation and prototyping.
- Low power strategies.
- ASIC production techniques, scan insertion, BIST, ATPG etc
As the successful Hardware Engineer, you will have:
- A demonstrated history of working as a Digital Design Engineer or similar role
- Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering or in an equivalent field
- In-depth embedded design experience covering all aspects from architecting, through hands on coding and verification, synthesis including 3rd party IP and embedded processors
- Experience of low power digital techniques
- Demonstrable experience within the semiconductor industry, ideally within ASIC development environment
- Knowledge and ability to use off the shelf interface components and modules e.g. USB, CAN, 802.11 and to develop schematics and code, to allow to be interfaced with digital architecture
- An understanding of modern verification methodologies e.g. UVM
- Knowledge of scripting languages e.g. Tk/Tcl
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Hardware Engineer who wants to have a real direction on technical progression within their career. The role will be well suited to someone with a dynamic and outgoing attitude and you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package, including share options - this an opportunity not to be missed.
If this sounds like your next challenge as a Hardware Engineer and you want to be considered for this incredible opportunity, please apply immediately by submitting a CV. All applicants will be responded to within 48 hours.