The responsibilities of the Finance Director position are as follows:
- Ability to manage and develop a strong, highly professional and capable team of accounting and finance professionals.
- Manage preparation of month-end close and reporting of results to management and corporate in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Manage preparation of quarterly forecasts/business reviews, annual operating plan and strategic planning.
- Advise on pricing and proposal initiatives including but not limited to government contracting support.
- Establish and maintain strong internal financial controls at the unit to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies.
- Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with platform and corporate financial management.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory valuation and reported results.
- Assist in the completion of special projects as necessary.
- Provide support for acquisitions as necessary.
The experience required for the Finance Director opportunity is as follows:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field required; MBA, advanced degree and/or professional certifications highly desired, e.g. CPA, CMA etc.
- 5+ year’s previous experience as a Controller or top level Finance leader
- Manufacturing industry experience required; aerospace industry experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience with government contracts strongly preferred
- Previous experience within a large, complex and matrixed organization highly desirable
- Requires proficient technical and research skills as demonstrated by an understanding and practical application of accounting guidance and be able to articulate technical issues so that they are understandable to audience.
- Demonstrated ability to complete coherent monthly analysis to explain variances to budget, prior year or deviation to expected result.
- Lead the organisation to fix future variances.