Are you an Electrical Design Engineer who enjoys problem solving and working from blank sheet of paper through to completion as well as modernising legacy products? This role will be focused on designing and developing safety critical products for the Aerospace and Defence industry. You’ll see your design work installed in most major Aerospace programs both in the US and internationally. Previous experience of designing safety critical products within Aerospace and Defense is highly desirable but other industries will be considered.
As an Electrical Design Engineer the main responsibilities would be:
- Based on system requirements, perform detailed design and analytics of analog and digital electronic circuits. From an analog perspective it is largely centred around power supply.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout - Altium
- Develop bills of materials for electronic systems and identifies sources of supply for the material.
- Experience with reading drawings and electrical schematics experience developing and delivering presentations to key stakeholders
- Offering upgrades on Legacy equipment based on customers needs against feasible designs and components available
- Working on all parts of the manufacturing process from concept through to final design
The successful Electrical Design Engineer with have the following education and/or experience:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and circuit
- Proficient with Altium or similar
- Proficient with the use of electronic test and diagnostic equipment
- Understanding of EMC/EMI compliance
- Not essential - but aerospace, military and commercial specification understanding would be advantageous (e.g. DO-254, DO-160, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464)
If you’d like to know more about this opportunity, please apply today and we will be in touch within one working day to discuss your application and provide more information on this great business! We look forward to speaking with you soon.