Are you a Continuous Improvement Engineer with a strong lean, cycle time reduction background? Would you like to work with an aerospace / defence organisation that is growing their market share by 200% over the next 3 years? If so, this may be the opportunity for you...
The responsibilities of the Continuous Improvement Engineer are as follows:
- Assess current manufacturing and production processes across the facility
- Work with R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing Teams to establish any non-value adding activity and ensure its swift and permanent removal
- Measure production cycle times across multiple production value streams and reduce change over, manufacturing and assembly times and indirect costs wherever possible
- Report to Senior Management on all Continuous Improvement activity, ensuring that ongoing progress is documented, measured and optimised
To fulfil the role of Continuous Improvement Engineer you must have the following skills / experience:
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent experience
- Understanding of lean 5/6s, Kaizen, Kanban, Waste Reduction, Six Sigma etc.
- Outgoing, friendly personality that can drive behavioural and cultural change
- Ability to read and interpret precision Engineering drawings
- Excellent attitude to driving improvement with the ability to communicate at all levels
The successful Continuous Improvement Engineer will be offered the opportunity to work with an innovative range of aerospace engineering products within a high-tech environment. You will enjoy full support in your pursuit for excellence from Senior Management and ongoing career development as the company continues to expand in the UK, Europe and US. Therefore, if you are a dynamic Continuous Improvement Engineer that is passionate about making a real difference please get in touch.