Are you an ambitious, dynamic Buyer with a strong Outside Processing background? Are you looking for a challenging purchasing role, driving external strategic initiatives with aerospace suppliers? Would an exciting career development opportunity, working in a very collaborative, continuous improvement focused aerospace environment? If so, this may be the role for you.
Buyer role will involve:
- Responsible for all outside process production utilizing approved suppliers
- Obtain quotes from suppliers for “Outside Processing” operations
- Negotiate blanket purchase orders and pursue cost reduction initiatives that eliminate adverse Purchase Price Index (PPI)
- Communicate priorities and schedule changes to “Outside Processing” Suppliers on a daily basis to support changes in production requirements
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with suppliers; Communicate common supplier problems with value stream managers and leadership
- Measure On Time Delivery - address negative trends with OTD.
- Communicate and send the redlined PO, work instruction or drawing to suppliers.
- Achieve cost savings/productivity and review open issues daily.
- Update the pricing and resolve invoice discrepancies on a timely basis
- Work closely with suppliers and Procurement Quality Engineers to resolve Corrective Action Requests (CARs) generated from NCRs
- Obtain Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA), and process return transactions in Oracle (ERP System); Follow Debit Memo process for supplier rework of discrepant materials
The successful Buyer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or business management
- 3-5 years' experience in purchasing or related field.
- Working knowledge of production planning, material requirements planning and Kanban systems.
- Working knowledge of inventory control, purchasing, production scheduling and Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Willing to occasionally travel to supplier’s facilities.
The successful Buyer will enjoy career development in a truly positive, team focused environment where you'll develop pioneering aerospace technology. The role will progress into a Purchasing or Supply Chain Management. Therefore, is you’d be interested in an exciting career development opportunity, please apply today.